Simplex Paper Box
Simplex Paper Box Corporation was established in Lititz, Pennsylvania in 1905 as Lititz Lithographing Company by Mr. Joseph E. Hertgen. In 1922, the company expanded its services to include packaging, along with commercial printing and book binding and changed its name to Lititz Paper Box and Printing Company. They quickly discovered a need for better packaging that would solve shipping and storage issues while producing a crisp, clean, sturdy box. In 1934, Mr. Ralph A. Gross, the plant superintendent, developed and patented the “Simplex Box” and changed the company name to Simplex Paper Box Corporation to correspond with the new product. The company has grown and moved a few times over the course of its long history – from Lititz to Lancaster, then to Columbia, and finally to the current location in Hallam, PA. We are currently 2nd generation family owned and we offer over 200 different styles of stock boxes, as well as custom packaging for just about any industry.